Prior to running the new firmware
- If running the system in production, always make sure to test it thoroughly before running the new firmware to make sure your process is not affected.
- Please read the release notes located in the downloaded firmware folder.
- If upgrading from release 7 to release 8, please read the Migration Guide attached.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to Mecademic Support.
Installing the firmware
Note: The downloaded folder needs to be unzipped. You will find the following inside:
- UPDATE File: This is the firmware update to be loaded from the Web Interface
- XML Document: This is the ESI file to be used with EtherCAT
- PDF File: This is the release notes
To update the firmware of the robot, you must connect the robot to a PC, then call its web interface via a web browser. To proceed with the update, the robot must be deactivated and the connection icon unchecked:
Then, you must select Options → Update
- The update should take under 20 minutes, if you see that it is taking longer, please refresh your browser.
- It is suggested to restart the robot after the update is complete.
Download the Migration Guide
Have other questions?