The MJ3 is a precise 3 axis USB joystick that can be used to jog the robot. It acts as a plug and play device with the Meca500's web interface. The joystick controls can be mapped to both joint and cartesian displacements. With a simple click of a button on the joystick, the jogging mode can be changed from joints to Cartesian (with respect to WRF or to TRF).
For safety reasons:
- The Ctrl key enables interlock. Pressing and holding the Ctrl Key is mandatory to activate the joystick controls.
- In order to use the joystick, the joystick tab must always be in focused state in the web interface. The joystick inputs will be ignored by the web interface immediately after the Jogging panel is switched to either Joint or Cartesian tabs
How to use the MJ3 joystick:
- Plug the joystick into any USB2.0 or higher USB port.
- Log into the Meca500's web interface in your Chrome browser using the robot's IP address (Default: 192.168.0.100).
- Upon Activation and Homing, toggle the Jogging button to enable jogging. Select the Joystick Tab in the jogging panel.
- If the joystick icons do not appear, press one of the joystick buttons so that the browser can detect the joystick.
- Select the mode for Jogging (Joints, Cartesian WRF, or Cartesian TRF) by selecting the appropriate radio button or by pressing once or twice the left button of the joystick.
- Press the right button of the joystick to select the mapping between the joystick’s three axes and the robot’s three displacement modes.
- If needed, Check Reverse and/or Disable for the individual axes, and redo the mapping (see the User Manual for an example)
- Press and Hold Ctrl Key to activate the Joystick controls.
- Move the Joystick axes to jog the robot